Posted: March 28th, 2011 | Author: dan | Filed under: Site Update | View Comments
Hey there apartment renters!
We recently rolled out a bunch of enhanced features to our site. Here’s an overview:
- Login with your Facebook account
- Improved filtering interface (not having to click on “search”)
- New and improved design on the front page
As more people login with their Facebook accounts, we’re going to be able to provide fantastic recommendations of where to live, based upon where your friends have lived. If you have any suggestions or things you’d like to see, please send them our way: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading!
Posted: November 14th, 2010 | Author: dan | Filed under: Bug Fix, Site Update | View Comments
Over the past week we’ve been hard at work at upgrading the maps software we use on the site. You might not notice much of a difference, but there are many reasons why it made sense to switch to the latest version of Google’s mapping service:
- Street view is included without any work on our end! Woooohoooo!
- Using the site will be much easier from a mobile device (mobile phones and tablet computers).
- There were addresses that we weren’t able to put on a map. It wasn’t Google’s fault, it was our fault. Using the latest version has made it much easier to figure out where the heck an address is.
- It’s the currently supported version – it isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon
We hope you enjoy the new map – let us know if you experience any issues or problems.
PS For all of the geeks out there, we went from using V2 of the Google Maps API to V3. We had been dreading doing the upgrade, but it was a pleasure. If you haven’t migrated yet, we encourage you to do it. It made our code smaller, easier to read, and had less errors.
Posted: October 31st, 2010 | Author: dan | Filed under: Bug Fix, Site Update | View Comments
Yesterday we pushed out a couple of small bug fixes:
- When filling out a review, the first rating was impossible to click in Chrome on Windows.
- When filling out a review, the system would allow an invalid address.
- Addresses without a review were showing up on the map display.
We added a Facebook like button to each of the pages for buildings, so that users can like the apartments in which they have lived or visited. We have big plans for this in the future, especially for those that think an apartment is great but haven’t lived there.
We have more great features coming, so stay tuned!